At the Heart of Everything We Do
At SCS we take Health & Safety seriously, and recognise that a safe site is also a productive site.
We all have families that we want to get home to see every night, so our approach to ensure this happens is:
- An independent team of NEBOSH qualified H&S Advisors who perform regular unnanounced visits and produce photographic site reports which are issued to our clients site team as an objective record.
- The development of a bespoke H&S iPad App to improve the monitoring and reporting of site conditions, and allowing the sharing of Best Practice between sites.
- All our supervisory staff hold at least one of the following safety qualification depending on their role; NEBOSH, SMSTS, or SSSTS.
- We have invested in our own in-house Training Department, delivering a wide range of H&S training for all our staff and contractors, either in our purpose built training facilities or out on site.
- Health and Safety forms a Key Performance Indicator for all our staff and contractors.
- We pioneered initiatives such as "Don't Walk By" and "See Your Family Tonight" which have now been adopted by our Main Contractor clients as part of their own site safety management systems.
- We know that delivering a safe site cannot be achieved by following a paperwork box ticking exercise. Safety is embedding in our culture from the Board of Directors down to the site Labourers.